Pages

Saturday 16 January 2016

During The Holidays 2016

Throughout the holidays me, my sisters and my cousins got to go to youth pride at the Tamaki Rec center.

On the very first day we had to stand up and introduce ourself, you had to say your name and what you got for Christmas. When everybody finish saying their names and what they got for Christmas we got numbered 1-4. After that we had to make a team chant up and a team name, my team name was O.T.G it stands for out the gate. Then we got to challenge different people at volleyball, my team was coming in first place for while.

During the holidays more people started to come and it was even better because we got to vs more people at games. When people kept coming in our team we had to show them our chants. On Friday 22nd some people from west Auckland are coming to the Tamaki Rec center to have a sports day with us. It is going to be awesome because we get to meet new people and new friends. On the last week we will be going to the pools in Panmure for the day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley,

    Wow, it sounds like you are having a great time at the Tamaki Rec Centre this summer! I love the idea of coming together to form a team and prepare a chant. It sounds like your team worked really well together to decide on a team name and play volleyball together. I used to play volleyball when I was in school. In fact, I played on my school team for 9 years (Year 5 - Year 13). My favourite years of playing were my last few because my sister was able to play on the team with me. She is very tall (almost 6 feet tall!) and a great volleyball player. Even though she is two years younger than me she is definitely better than I am at the game. I loved to watch her play and cheer her on!

    Do you enjoy cheering for your sisters and your cousins? Do you play any sports, other than volleyball, at the rec centre?

    I hope to log on and read more about your adventures over the next few weeks. Please consider logging on and taking part in the Summer Learning Journey if you'd like to learn more about sports that are commonly played in other countries. There is an entire set of activities dedicated to sports (Week 3, Day 10). You can learn all about the sports that are played in countries, like Canada (my home country). Did you know that our favourite sport is ice hockey? We love it!

    Hope that you have a great, sport-filled week.

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete