Pages

Wednesday 20 July 2016

Winter Learning D7 A3

My Paralympic sport would be called the Human Races. There would be a mixture of sports going on. You would have a buddy next to you to help you get through all of the courses.

If you were blind you will have to use your listening skills to listen to you partner guide your way through the course. If you were in a wheel chair your partner has to help you get all of the horseshoes in a bucket and over four bumps. If you were deaf you would have a sign language person to help you get your way through the obstacles.

There would be 5 different obstacle courses for each abilities to try. There would be signs everywhere to show you and your partner where to go. Well some of the obstacle courses might look like a maze. At the top this obstacle course would be for the deaf people because it would be nice and easy.

You start at the starting line then you follow the blue arrows were ever they go. There would be a corner at the top but I didn't know how to do it so I just did that, then you will have to push or kick the ball down the hill to try and get it in the box. If you don't get it in the box then it is alright. After that you will have to climb up a wall to get to the other side, climb down the ladder across the pond and then you will follow the path after that your done.

Three Rules: 
* Finish it with happiness.
* Have a go.
* Try your best.

4 comments:

  1. What an interesting sport you have created, Ashley. I can honestly say that you are the first person to create a sport in the Winter Learning Journey that has such positive, encouraging rules. I really love the concept of 'having a go,' 'trying your best,' and 'finishing with happiness.' I hope that all of the athletes who play 'Human Races' follow these rules and enjoy themselves. I am quite sure that they will!

    From your post, I can see that athletes will be able to play 'Human Races' regardless of their physical abilities/limits. I think that this is very important and I like the way that you've suggested that people can 'buddy up' in order to receive support. I am just wondering how many different sports are included in 'Human Races.' I am also wondering how the athletes know how to get from one part of the event to another. Are there signs? I would love to know a bit more about the events and sports involved in this activity. Do you have time to tell me a bit more about it?

    I hope so!

    Cheers, Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley,
    I really love the rules you have. I bet that all of the athletes who will play this game will enjoy it very much. Another bonus that I see is that athletes can participate despite their physical abilities. A great game nonetheless.

    Keep it up!
    Iisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashley

    What a interesting sport you have created. I can actually imagine me playing the game right now. I can say that you have done a fabulous job to get this published on your blog. I really love how you have added a photo to go with your it. This is very creative, and looks fun to do. Keep up the fabulous work Ashley!

    Kind Regards
    Mere (PBS)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sylvia@mail.postmanllc.net

    ReplyDelete