Pages

Tuesday 23 August 2016

Cross Country Writing (Show Not Tell) 2K16

Yr 8 students ran past like a cheetah chasing its prey they were running like the wind. My stomach twisted and twirled like a machine, my heart started pounding like a drum. I huffed and Puffed like the big bad wolf.


I was relieved to see the finish line in sight, I heard the Roaring crowd cheering and yelling their lungs out for the competitors along with a thunderous applause. I clenched my fists as I past through the finish line, with sweat dripping down my face like a waterfall. I nearly dropped dead to the ground.

1 comment:

  1. You have done a great job in showing not telling your reader how the cross country was for you. I really like the line 'with sweat dripping down my face like a waterfall'.

    ReplyDelete