Pages

Monday 2 May 2016

(AIM) Aspiration, Inspiration And Motivation Talks

Once a month Andrew Patterson comes to talk to us about leadership, each time he comes over he brings two people with him. He brought two people with him Kenese and Arizona were their names. Andrew Patterson Introduced himself to the year 7 students because some of them didn’t know who Andrew Patterson was.

Arizona talked about her family, she has two brothers one brother is 11 years old and the other brother is 19 years old, her parents work at Sacred Heart College. Arizona talked about her carrier, Arizona was head girl at Epsom College, her favourite part during school was going and performing at Polyfest. She talked about working hard to share happiness and most of all she said "Dream Big." Arizona had the privilege to work at Disneyland for eight months. She had a massive dream and she accomplished them with three steps, Dream big, Work hard and Share happiness.

Everyone applauded for Arizona next up was Kenese, Kenese introduced himself with his full name, he is Samoan and Niuean he went to Wesley primary in Mt Roskill. Kenese was born in Samoa and raised without a dad. He talked about how he was raised, he was raised around violence, drinking,smoking and gang members. He talked about making right decisions, because when he was younger he never made the right decisions and he went down the wrong path, but now he could make the right decisions and go down the right path.

I learnt from Kenese’s story that I should be myself not like someone else who thinks they are cool.  I also learnt to never doubt my dreams because someday I could achieve my  goals. I learnt that if I hang around people smoking or drinking I don’t have to be exactly the same as them.
I learnt from Arizona’s story to Work hard in school or wherever I am, Share happiness with everyone and to dream big when I am young because in the future I can accomplish everything. I also learnt from Arizona’s story to be confident at everything.
These talks can change someone, for an example boys can go down the wrong path and make wrong decisions, but these talks could motivate boys to make the correct decisions and the to go down right paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment