Pages

Tuesday 3 May 2016

Year 8 Camp 2016


Who: Year 8 students from Pt England School

What: Going Marsden Bay
Where: Marsden Bay
When: 13th of April-15th April 2016
How: Bus

As we arrived at Marsden Christian Camp I hopped out of the bus, I wanted to jump for joy because we were finally there. Michael and Venetia showed us around the camp site. When Michael was taking us to see the archery  course it started pouring down with rain. All the students started running back to the dining hall.When we got back to the hall Michael and Venetia gave us a quick talk about the rules. As they were finishing up Mrs Tele’a said we could have morning tea. There were a boys circle and a girls circle we didn’t want to combine with the boys because sometimes they are annoying.

When we finished morning tea, Mrs Tele’a asked us to “take our bags to our rooms.” When our beds were made with our sleeping bag and our pillow we went back to the main lounge. When the dark swallowed the sunlight, Mrs Tele’a played a movie called Johnny English if you wanted to watch the movie you could bring your pillow and sleeping bag to the main lounge.

The next day we played our games there were Archery, Push Play, Waterslide, Flying fox, Kayaking, Angel Art and Fire pit. The first activity my group did was Angel art our second activity was the waterslide we had to use a bar of soap to make ourselves slippery. I used a lot of soap to go down the waterslide, on the first time I went down I stopped half way, but when I got used to the slide I went down faster and a lot further.

On the last night we had a concert for all four teams. We had 1 hour to practise our item. My team came up with a brilliant Idea. When the first group performed I was Nervous. It was our turn to perform and we didn’t learn all of the words but it was alright because Miss Nouata was there holding up the words for us. After everyone finished their items my group ended up coming in first place with 37 points.







No comments:

Post a Comment