Pages

Tuesday 3 September 2013

Basketball Skills


For the last 5 weeks our class have been learning about basketball. On a cold Thursday morning room 13 went to basketball in the hall. When we got to the hall we did a warm up. The warm up was line tiggy. There were two taggers and there name’s are Promise and Elizabeth. We had to stay on the lines. It was hard because if you got tagged you had to get the ball from  that tagger that tagged you. I was tired that I nearly fell over but I had to still play or I will get tug.

After the warm up we had to go on a line. There were people on a red line or a blue line and the teachers and the coach’s numbered us equally. We had to move back to the other blue line so the red line can have equally players. The blue line had to put their balls next to the wall. The coach’s showed us what to do passing the ball to your partner. The steps were pocket, shoulder and shoot. You had to pass your ball to the person on the oppisite line to you. When I threw the ball to my partner it went straight to her or not to her. After that we put only 2 steps together pocket and throw your fingers have to point down at the ground.

After the passing Miss Lavakula put us in two straight lines we were shooting. We had to do a jumpstop then one dribble and last shoot. It was like a race and a competition and I got a goal like my friend. I felt really really happy and I wanted to do basketball again.

1 comment:

  1. Great recount Ashley. It's good to see you explaining some of the skills you have been learning. What do enjoy most about basketball?

    ReplyDelete