Pages

Wednesday 28 June 2017

Year 9 2K17



Camp Adair 2K17 Year 9 Family

2017 year 9 students went on an amazing cold camp, at Camp Adair Hunua Falls.

As we arrived at the YMCA Camp Adair, we separated into our groups. Every single class got a tutor to walk with through the forests. We separated of into our own ways, 9KJS was our class. It was on, climbing through branches, twigs and everything else in the bush, with our carves and every part of our body's aching. People were getting tired really fast, up the giant hills we went. It felt like we were going slip and sliding because we kept falling and slipping over.

My Highlights from this year 9 stars camp, was getting to know more year 9 students better, and also I got to hang out with my friend's and we got to spend more time with each other doing the activity's.

My Favourite activity at camp was the Cargo Net because we finished early so we got to play more games, and we got to spend time with the boys and we just enjoyed getting to know them a bit better.

My favourite highlight of most all was going home, because it was really cold at Camp Adair, I was glad to come home because I got to be warm again. It felt like a was a Frozen icicle at that camp. I would of loved to stay that long, but Nah I wanted to come home. I had fun at Camp but at the same time it was a disappointment that it was only 1 night, I might as well of called it a Sleepover at Camp Adair.
The worst activity ever was the confidence course, you had to go under, over and even through things to get to the other side. You had to go through really smelly mud, over the mud and even more. You had to do more things to finish of the whole confidence course, the water was really cold it felt like ice when we finished.

But after all of that I think the year 9 students have come together as friends but more than friends as Family! We have bonded with each other and I think that we learnt alot from our two day camp. We took all of the things we have learnt back to school. We are going to show the teachers who didn't come camp what we learnt.

I think if we go to a camp for more than two days, I think we would of bonded more than friends, but as Family. Please Leave A Comment On My Blog !

These are my highlights for camp 2K17!! 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Ashley, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Year 9 camp. It was great to see you all participate with such enthusiasm and having lots of fun
    despite the cold weather.

    ReplyDelete